Remove Pickup Roller Assy 2nd (WF-4830 Series only)
Be careful not to damage the Pickup Lever.
Remove the Pickup Roller Assy 2nd as follows while tilting the printer as shown in the figure above.
- STEP 1. While pushing the Paper Cassette Stopper Assy 2nd in direction of the red arrow, lower the Pickup Roller Assy 2nd to the bottom of the printer to disengage the Pickup Lever from the Pickup Roller Assy 2nd.
- STEP 2. Remove the Pickup Roller Assy 2nd from the Pickup Roller Shaft.
— Epson WF-4830/4820 Series handle cautions when disassembly, click here
Remove Epson WF 4830, 4820 Series Pickup Roller
- STEP 1. Take down the Pickup Roller Assy as shown in the figure above, and remove the Holder Pickup.
- STEP 2. Disengage the left shaft of the Pickup Roller, and then remove the Pickup Roller in the direction of the arrow.
Reinstall Epson WF 4830, 4820 Series PF Encoder Sensor/PF Scale
- Adhesive force of the double-sided tape weakens when the PF Scale is removed.
After removing the PF Scale, make sure to replace the PF Scale or the double-sided tape with a new one.
- Make sure to attach the PF Scale exactly perpendicular to the PF Roller.
- Make sure to attach the PF Scale vertically to the PF Roller.
- After attaching the PF Encoder, confirm that the PF Scale is not touching the PF Encoder.
— Fix Epson WF 4830, 4820 series error code 000020, 000025, 000032,… click here
— Fix Epson WF-4830/4820 error code 100016, 100020, 100054, 100077… click here
Remove Epson WF 4830, 4820 Series Fax Board Assy
Be careful not to damage the FFCs/cables/grounding wire near the FAX Board Assy
- STEP 1. Disconnect the FFC/cables/grounding wire from the connectors of the Main Board, and release them.
- WF-4830 Series: FAX FFC, 2nd ASF Motor Cable, 2nd ASF Motor Encoder FFC, Grounding Wire
- WF-4820 Series: FAX FFC
- STEP 2. Remove the three screws.
- STEP 3. While avoiding the connector part from the Frame Base Assy, remove the FAX Board Assy in direction of the arrow.
Remove ADF Unit (WF-4830 Series)
Be careful not to damage the cables of the ADF Unit when removing the ADF Unit.
Remove the ADF Unit as follows.
- STEP 1. Remove the screw on the rear.
- STEP 2. Release the lever that locks the SCN Unit and the ADF Unit, and open the ADF Unit.
- STEP 3. Lift up the ADF Unit, and pull out the Hinges.
- STEP 4. Use a flat-head screwdriver or similar to release the hook of the Hinge (right).
- STEP 5. Do the same for the Hinge (center), and remove the ADF Unit.
- STEP 6. Pull out the ADF Relay FFC, ADF Motor Cable and grounding wire together from the hole of the SCN Unit
— Remove and Replace Scanner/ADF Unit, Star Wheel Unit for Epson WF 4830, 4820 Series, click here
Remove ADF Unit (WF-4820 Series)
Remove the ADF Unit as follows.
- STEP 1. Lift up the ADF Unit, and pull out the Hinge.
- STEP 2. Use a flat-head screwdriver or similar to release the hook of the Hinge (right), and release the ADF Unit.
- STEP 3. Remove the ADF Unit while avoiding the hook of the harness holder by tilting it to the left.
Reinstall CR Scale on Epson WF 4830, 4820 Series
- Make sure to set the CR Scale through the slit of the CR Encoder.
- Attach CR Scale with its black triangle marking facing down the home side.
- Hook the longer leg of the spring to the CR Scale and the other leg to the Main Frame.
- After attaching CR Scale, move CR Unit by pushing its side to confirm that the scale does not contact with FFC or other components.
Remove Holder Cover Host USB Assy on WF 4830, 4820 Series
Caution: When removing the Main Board Assy, it may interfere with the USB Connector and whiten, therefore take care in removal.
- STEP 1. Release the Panel FFC from the groove of the Holder Cover Host USB Assy.
- STEP 2. Release the Speaker cable from the hook on the Holder Cover Host USB Assy.
- STEP 3. Remove the three screw to remove the Holder Cover Host USB Assy
Reinstall Holder Stopper Driven on WF 4830, 4820 Series
- When reassembling the Holder Stopper Driven, tighten the screw after confirming a space between it and Holder Driven Assy (w/Spring) as standard value:
0.07mm - 0.24mm
Reinstall Stacker Assy on WF 4830, 4820 Series
— Repair Epson WF-4830/4820 Series Exterior Components, click here
- Confirm the followings before installing the Paper Front Guide Unit.
- Set the tabs (x2) of the Stacker Assy to the holes (x2) of the Frame Base.
- Attach the guides (x2) of the Stacker Assy to the tabs (x2) of the Frame Base.
— Epson WF 4830/4820 Series paper feed guide assembly replacement, click here