- This chapter describes procedures for disassembling the main parts/units of WF-4830 Series/WF-4820 Series and repairing or replacing them when they get troubles.
- Underlined items in this section describe the disassembly procedure of parts/unit supplied as ASP.
- In this section, basically the pictures of WF-4830 series are used to describe the disassembling procedure.
— All about Repair Epson WF-4830/4820 Series procedures, click here
Parts/Components Need to be Removed Before Disassembly/Reassembly
- Make sure to remove the following parts/units before starting disassembly:
- Epson WF-4830, 4820 Series Paper Cassette 1st/Paper Cassette 2nd
- Epson WF-4830, 4820 Series Auto Duplex Unit
Remove Epson WF 4830, 4820 Series Housing Left process
- Step 1. Open the ADF/SCN Unit.
- Step 2. Remove the five screws.
When removing the Housing Left, be careful not to damage the three hooks.
- Step 3. Open the USB Host Cover, and then move the Housing Left in the direction of the arrow to remove it.
Install WF-4830, 4820 Series Housing Left
- STEP 1: Install the Housing Left with the USB Host Cover opened.
- STEP 2: Insert the hooks (x3) of the Housing Left to the Printer Mechanism.
Remove Epson WF 4830, 4820 Series Housing Right process
When removing the Housing Right, be careful not to damage the three hooks on the upper part.
- STEP 1. Remove the Cover Ink Eject
- STEP 2. Open the ADF/SCN Unit.
- STEP 3. Remove the Maintenance Box.
- STEP 4. Remove the five screws.
- STEP 5. Move the Housing Right in the direction of the arrow to remove it.
— Fix Epson WF 4830, 4820 series error code 000020, 000025, 000032,… click here
— Fix Epson WF-4830/4820 error code 100016, 100020, 100054, 100077… click here
Remove Epson WF 4830, 4820 Series Housing Upper process
- 1. Remove the Housing Left.
- 2. Remove the Housing Right..
- 3. Remove the six screws (on Figure above)
- 4. Remove the screw that secures the SCN Hinge Assy
Hold the ADF/SCN Unit during the following procedure.
- 5. Close the ADF/SCN Unit slightly, and then disengage the dowel of the SCN Hinge Assy from the hole of the SCN Unit.
- 6. With the ADF/SCN Unit fully open, remove the two screws.
- 7. Remove the Housing Upper.
— About printer service mode, click here
— Epson XP 15000 Adjustment Program, click here