- 1 The signs proved Epson XP-820 printer has Waste Ink Pad Counter error
- 1.1 On the controller board of Epson XP-820 printer, Paper light and Ink light blinks alternately
- 1.2 Display the Waste Ink Pad counter error on the printer’s LCD screen (if the printer support)
- 1.3 Epson Status Monitor tools installed on computer will be show “Service required” error:
- 1.4 Use to WICreset software to check “Read waste pad counter”
- 2 Paper light and ink light of Epson XP-820 printer blinks alternately because the printer encounters the following error:
- 3 How to Fix paper light and ink light blinks alternately error for Epson XP-820 printer
- 4 About WIC Software
- 5 How To Reset Epson XP-820 By WIC Software
- 6 Buy Printer Reset Keys Now
The signs proved Epson XP-820 printer has Waste Ink Pad Counter error
When the printer is turned on and it completes the boot process, Has an unusual phenomenon is the ink light and paper light blinks alternately, there is no sign of stopping.
Display the Waste Ink Pad counter error on the printer’s LCD screen (if the printer support)
On the LCD of Epson XP-820 printer will display error with content: “A printer’s ink pad is at the end of its service life. Please contact Epson Support.”
Epson Status Monitor tools installed on computer will be show “Service required” error:
When turn on Epson XP-820 and perform print command, the printer does not print and display error message “A printer’s ink pads is at the end of its service life. Please contact Epson Support”
Or the computer may be show the following errors:
– Near End Service Life or End Of Service Life.
– Waste Ink Pad Counter Overflow Error.
– Parts Inside Near End Service Life or Parts Inside End Of Service Life.
Use to WICreset software to check “Read waste pad counter”
If the the counter value are 100% or more and enclose one in two the following message
– 100.xx% This Counter Has Reached Maximum And Will Need Reset Before The Printer Can Used Again.
– 100.xx% This Counter Has Reached Its Limit And Need To Be Reset. Ink Pads Are Full.
During the printing process, the printer not only consumes ink for printing but also for other operations such as cleaning. Consequently, there will be a certain amount of ink being wasted and will be revoked by the waste ink pad.
So many users claiming that the printer has overflow counts meaning that waste ink pads are full or the printer will count the amount of waste ink, but actually the printer counts the number of pages printed.
On the main board of the Epson printer there is an EEProm that counts the number of pages printed. Once this value is nearing the critical point, the printer will display the message “MAINTENANCE REQUEST”. You need to reset waste ink pads counter value in the EEPROM on the main board of the printer or replace this EEProm.
1. Replace EEProm stored Waste Ink Pad counter value of Epson XP-820 printer.
- What the EEProm’s model? You don’t know, i don’t know ==> this plan is so difficult. And if replacing EEProm is wrong and not compatible, the printer not only did not reset the waste ink pad counter but also will not work.
- If you know the EEProm model then EEProm is really hard to find a supplier because the manufacturer does not publicly name of the EEProm and does not sell this EEProm.
2. Reset waste ink pad counter of Epson XP-820 printer by WIC Software.
– WIC Software For Windows: Free Download Link
– WIC Software For MAC: Free Download Link
– The cost of keys use for WIC software to reset waste ink pad counter only $ 7.86 per key ==> Very cheap, always available, easy to use even for normal users.
– Place of Sale: wickeys.net
About WIC Software
– Software Name: Waste Ink Pad Counter Reset Utility
– Publisher: PrinterKeys.com
– Version: V.5.0.18
– Language: English
– Size: 2.7 Mb – 9 Mb.
– File format: .exe, .zip, .dmg
– Compatible Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac OS.
– Compatible Printers: Epson XP-820.
How To Reset Epson XP-820 By WIC Software
Something needs to prepare before reset Epson XP-820 by WIC reset program
– If Your computer installed antivirus software. Please, disable it and firewall.
– The computer must be connected to the Internet.
– The printer and computer must be connected via USB cable
– Turn on both device (printer and computer) and wait until them boot complete.
– After reset by Key WIC, you can print 3.000 – 4.000 black and white pages with 5% ink coverage and 600-1.600 color pages because ink coverage of print color are 20% – 40%.
– You should limit the printhead clear because this will make the printer’s counter are overflow than faster
– Each WIC reset Keys just only one time be used and only one printer, if you want to use for the next time or the other printers, you need to pay the new Key by click “Add to cart”
Reset Epson XP-820 by WIC reset program step by step
Step 1. Cancel all the printer jobs and turn off then on the printer, wait until paper and ink light of printer blinks alternately.
Step 2. Unzip file Waste Ink Pad Reset Software that file downloaded was compression file and then run the program wicreset.exe
Step 3. Waiting until WIC reset software start up successful. Click the Read Waste Counters to check counter status before perform a reset this printer.
Step 4. When counter value up to 100,00% or more then we start to reset waste ink pad counter by WIC software resetter. Click Reset Waste counters button to start reset printer process.
Step 6. Waiting for 20s – 30s, WIC software will request turn off then on Epson XP-820 printer to complete the process reset waste ink pad counter.
Step 7. Epson XP-820 printer Waste ink reset counter successful. Please, turn off then on the printer and check result.
Step 11. Check waste ink pad counter after reset.